Welcome to Late Bloomer-

Thanks for reading <3

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Heart is in Knots.

Shirt: Hudsons $5.00
Skirt: Kohls $8.00
Shoes: Burkes Outlet $11.00
Earrings & Bangles: Hudsons $0.25 & $1.00
Wallet Purse: Gift from a friend, she paid $10.00 for it

Last night I went with my best friend Heather and my mom to see "Magic Mike", and this is what I wore. It was so much fun! I won't lie, watching Channing Tatum wiggle around was great, and I always love seeing lots of sexy hip bones and abs, but the movie itself was actually really good! It had a good story and the characters really suck you in. I recommend going to see it, not only for the beefcake (although, hot damn, there was a lot of it!).

Anyway, this shirt is a SMALL! I originally got the large, which is what I typically wear, but it was HUGE. Heather told me to try a smaller size since they seem to run very large and a small fit. I was proud, despite the fact that this small is probably a large in other clothing standards.

We had a blast last night though and I got so many nice compliments on my outfit. The night before last, I went out with my friend Sandy and her boyfriend Brandon (who is my husbands best friend) and we had so much fun. Sandy and I went shopping and that's where I found my skirt. 
Sandy is adorable, but thinks she's too heavy to wear anything. I'm trying to change her perception of this. I believe as long as you wear your true size and dress for your body type, it doesn't matter how big you are. I've seen gorgeous women who were bigger than I am! Anyway, I forced her to buy a tea dress that looked darling on her, and I got one too and we're going to wear them somewhere fancy. Not sure where yet, but it's going to be fun!

I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends and family while Clayton is gone. It just makes me feel so happy to know that there are people who care so much about whether or not I'm sitting home all alone that they invite me to go do things with them. It's just so nice knowing that people are thinking about you and hoping you're alright.

Oh! My tattoos! I was going to talk about them since you can see one of them clearly in the picture of my bangles. I've been afraid of water since I was little. Growing up around the river, you hear stories of kids being sucked under by whirlpools or dragged off by gators and just the sight of open water makes me start feeling ill. When we go to the beach, I never get near the ocean. I'll stick to my safe, warm, dry sandbar, thank you.
Anyway, my uncle was in the Navy and he would tease me about being scared of the water. One day he suggested getting a pig and a chicken tattooed on my feet as part of a naval superstition. Back in the old days, when the ships sank, the livestock were in hollow crates so the pigs and the chickens floated to the top of the water, unharmed. Many people in the Navy get pigs and chickens tattooed on their feet so that if something should happen, their bodies would float up.
I got them on my wrists (chicken on my left, pig on my right) because if something happens to me I want to come up arms first so I won't drown! I love these two tattoo's, their my favourites out of all the ones I have.
Even though I get asked if I'm in a barnyard gang A LOT.

This post was long and kind of scatterbrained, sorry! But, thanks for reading <3

- Tasha

2 comments:

  1. super cute! i love that bracelet - and the graphic on your top is adorable. i would love a heart shaped pretzel now (i'm hungry, it's where my mind goes!). i love the stories behind your tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of a pretzel when I first saw it too! I was wondering why nowhere sells big heart pretzels two people could share. Now THATS a romantic idea lol

      Thank you so much, these two tats are my favourite. I've almost got Clayton convinced to get something with me when he comes home, I've been itching to get a new tattoo recently.

      Delete