Welcome to Late Bloomer-

Thanks for reading <3

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Gone.




Dress: Hudsons $3.00
Fringe Purse: Hudsons $7.00
Owly Belt: Hudsons $4.00
Shoes: Payless $10.00 (sale)
Earrings: Made by me

My husband left today for Picayune, then he'll be going to Fort Bliss in Texas. In about a month, he'll be overseas in Afghanistan. He'll be gone about eleven months, but with any hope, he'll get leave somewhere in between the (roughly) 340 days he'll be gone. I miss him already.
I've been up since about two in the AM (he left at four). I cried for about an hour, then I got up and got dressed. I promised myself I wouldn't dwell on him leaving and that I'd take some outfit pictures to post.

Hopefully, as I start to take more outfit pictures, I'll learn how to pose better and keep from making derp face the whole time. The next photos will be a little better edited too (I hope). I'm new at this whole thing though, so give me a break.
I adore this dress, it's so breezy and happy and I basically love anything with a pattern. Since I hate my arms (they're so fat ughughugh) I try not to wear anything with no sleeves, but I saw this dress and fell in love. I tried to straighten my hair, but the humidity in the South basically gave me the middle finger and it curled up anyway. I dyed it blond last summer while I was letting it grow out and the colour is still holding on to the ends. How cute is that owl belt? I dug through so many before I found a medium-sized one I could use as a waist-belt. I've named him Geoffrey.

Do you have any unique items you like to wear with ordinary outfits? I'd love to hear about them!
As always, thanks for reading!
-Tasha

4 comments:

  1. girl that SUCKS! i'm so sorry you and your husband have to be apart for long - but trust me, doing the blog and the outfit posts will help. i'm in a similar situation, although my husband isn't military, just 1000 miles away for a little over a ear, and keeping my blog has helped me so much. it's going to suck for you guys but you will get through it definitely. and indeed - your owl belt is SO cute. and i love this dress - so cute! and your look is kind of hippie chick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would, I needed something to occupy my time until he gets back and this seemed like a fun way to take my mind off everything.
      I'm sorry your husband is gone also! Military or not, either way it sucks that they're not around lol I'm glad to know someone in a similar situation, especially since you say this blog has helped you. I've got hope lol
      My style changes sporadically, but I do tend to lean more towards hippie chick, mostly because Earth tones are my favourites. I need a link to your blog so I can check it out!

      Delete
  2. What a fun dress! I love the pattern and it looks perfect with that fringe bag... and seriously how cute is that owl belt! Love this look! That must be so hard to be away from your honey... stay strong girl! :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the kind words <3 And thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it!
      I love my fringe bag, it looks kind of small but I stuff it full of all my stuff and it still zips lol It's so roomy.

      Delete