Welcome to Late Bloomer-

Thanks for reading <3

Friday, July 13, 2012

Things I Love: Old Cars and Lipstick

 
I've decided to do a thing here on the blog entitled: "Things I Love", in which I'll showcase some things I'm in love with in the hopes that you guys might love them too!
(I made the necklace above btw. My first time wire-writing! The letters are spaced too far and different sizes, so I obviously need practice. But still, not bad for a first attempt.)
 
This is mine and my husbands Javelin. It's a 1973 model but my dad bought it sometime in the 80's. When Clayton and I were dating, I realized how much like my dad he actually is (little girls marry their fathers, amirite?) when he fell in love with the car the first time he saw it and proceeded to tell me all sorts of things about it. My dad instantly liked him after that. When we were married, my dad gave the car to Clayton so it would stay in the family, on the condition that if we ever got divorced it would come back to me (an awesome reason for him to never leave me). When he gets back from his deployment we're going to fix it up and drive around to car shows to show it off. I can't wait.

 
Speaking of car shows.
I stumbled upon one this morning on my way to work! I didn't have my camera, so please excuse the phone pictures. I'm not going to upload every one that I took (this post would be huge) but here's a few of my favourites!


I missed getting pictures of a few of the cars, since they were leaving when I got there. Including two, crank-to-start vehicles from the 1920's. It was amazing and everyone was so nice!

I'm going to end this post on a completely different topic by telling you guys about a cosmetic product I've fallen in love with.
Mabelline Baby Lips
Okay, so the title is misleading, it's not a lipstick it's a lip balm, but either way it's so awesome! I use the Pink Punch one the most, and it makes my lips so soft! Be careful though, when they say pink they mean pink. I just sort of dot it on my lips then rub it in. I've got the Quenched (clear) and Cherry Me (redish) colours too and I love them equally as much. It moisturizes your lips for a full 8 hours and even has SPF 20 in it to protect them. Also, since it's a balm and not a lipstick or gloss, you can literally just put it on and forget that it's even there! It's not sticky or smothering, it's just...well, perfect! You guys should definitely give it a try!
 
That's all I've got for today. Hopefully I'll have more outfit pictures up, maybe Sunday. As always, thanks for reading <3
 
-Tasha


2 comments:

  1. that wire necklace you made is so cute! you did an awesome job on it - you should consider doing a little diy for it. and i'm personally not super into cars - well i'm into knowing way too much about current sub compact car models, but that's just me getting way into buying a car :D my favorite lip balm is the badger brand - i've never heard of this type!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I might have to do that, it's very easy as long as you know how to use pliers lol

      I adore old cars, but that's because of my dad. We used to go around to car shows together a lot when I was younger. Good luck buying your new car! Don't let any of the sharks get you!

      It's relatively cheap, just $3, but it's the first colour lip balm I've used that didn't smother my lips and make me want to lick it off within the first few minutes lol

      Delete