Welcome to Late Bloomer-

Thanks for reading <3

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dogs

Today's post is about family.
But really, it's just an excuse to show off my dogs. 
I went to Hudsons yesterday and got some really awesome stuff for a really awesome price, but I haven't been able to get my camera to stop being a jerk long enough to take pictures of it. I'll post those once I can, but for now, I hope these pictures of my puppies will suffice.

When I was little, I used to bring home every dog I found on the streets. My mom and dad weren't too happy, but at an early age I found that I enjoyed animals a lot more than people.When my husband, Clayton, and I started dating, I had recently rescued Maggie from my local pound.
 I'm not 100% sure what she is. I'm thinking some kind of terrier mix. Either way, she's adorable. When I went into the pound, I had just broken up with my ex of five years and moved back home. I was planning on getting a medium-to-large sized dog to take up the space in the bed that no longer housed my last boyfriend. But then, I saw Maggie huddled down in a corner, shivering and looking around like she was terrified. I tried to walk past, but I only made it a few inches away from her cage before turning around on my heel and going back to her. I couldn't leave her there. Unlike the other dogs that were jumping and barking, she was quiet and anxious. So, I picked her up, paid my adoption fee, and took her home.
I'm happy to say, once she got used to me she slept curled up against me during her first night home and I totally forgot that my loser ex was supposed to be there. It's been that way every night now, for the last three years.
This is Marty. I didn't have a better picture, since he's usually lounging around or laying on something. He's my husbands dog, a Pekingese (sp?). He's incredibly lazy and when you pick him up he basically turns into a limp noodle and just kind of flops there. 
When I first met him, my husband (my boyfriend back then) brought him over to my house to meet Maggie and see how they interacted, since we were thinking about moving in together. I was a little startled by him at first, since he seemed to be missing a nose and his eyes were the size of quarters, but after a little while he grew on me and I thought he was so cute. My husbands love for Marty was originally one of the things that made me fall in love with him. All my exes had been cat-people, or no-animals-at-all people and I'm very much a dog-person. It was nice to know that I wasn't the only person who sang to my dog, and even nicer that I now had someone to sing with.

Murphy is so hard to take pictures of, he's so black that his eyes and nose just kind of disappear. He's our newest edition, a Shih Tzu, and he's absolutely adorable. I was wanting to expand our little "pack" for the longest time, but Clayton was pretty against it, saying that two dogs was plenty. Then he came home from work one day and asked if I wanted a Shih Tzu. Of course I said yes (who would say no?) and Clayton proceeded to tell me about a breeder he had met. Apparently, Murphy was the last of a litter and for some reason no one had bought him. She didn't want him because she had no interest in breeding him due to his colour. She was going to drop him off at the pound unless we wanted him, so of course Clayton and I said yes. He was a little over a year old when we got him, and after about a week, he had nestled right in to our little family. He's the funniest thing and loves to be cuddled, I don't see how anyone could say no to that little face. The woman had originally named him Sambo, but we changed it because Maggie, Marty and Sambo just sounded weird.

This post was so long, sorry. I'll have an actual clothing post up sometime in the near future, when my camera decides to work. My friend Sandy and I are going to the new Goodwill that just opened in town on Monday, so I might have a few things to show from that trip as well. As always, thanks for reading!

-Tasha


2 comments:

  1. they are all so cute - especially your hubby's pekingese - my dog is very floppy like you described him as! and that is such a sweet story about maggie - i love that she helped you through a hard time. dogs are such amazing creatures - and my dog keeps me company! i think i'd go crazy living alone if it weren't for him.

    and also, yay! pound/rescue pups are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floppy dogs are just so cute. We literally lay Marty on things (like a barstool, the back of the couch, each others heads when we're sitting down, etc.) and he just stays. He likes to flop on things.
      I know how you feel! When I come home every evening and I'm greeted with three happy faces and three wagging tails I feel so loved <3 It feels so great to know you were missed.
      Pound/rescue pups are awesome! I wish more people would adopt, there are so many sweet babies out there that need loving homes :c

      Delete